Monday, 15 October 2007

Paris Pictures for your increasing jealously!


Ashley, Katelyn, and me sitting on the bridge on the way to Musee d'Orsay.

In the Jardin de Tuleries

Me and the Louvre; it's HUGE! I was not expecting THAT big!

Angelina's is this amazing hot chocolate shop where you feel like you're drinking a Cadbury chocolate bar. So amazing!

Panini sandwiches... a must of Paris. These were so good and we had a fun conversation with the owner about Mormons. :)

This picture in the Musee d'Orsay completely reminded me of my sisters! Then it reminded me of Tara running out on stage before she was supposed to in her recital and then lying to us about it for so long.

Me inside Notre Dame. This place is huge!

This is just outside the Notre Dame doors. I loved walking through there. Ash and I lit a candle as well.

Okay, we found this sweet elephant in Jardin de Tuileries! It was quickly one of my favorite pieces of art! I love it!

This is the bridge where Diana died. The memorial is for her. We watched the Eiffel Tower sparkle from here as well.

Yep, me watching the Eiffel Tower sparkle... it was BEAUTIFUL!
Okay, this is the group we went with. The guy with us is James (who I am now avoiding) and it goes clockwise, Lindsay (who told on my to my director last night for talking five extra minutes on the phone and who previously told me I read slow), Brittany (who lived in my ward last year and we never really talked till here), Heidi (whose dad was my finance professor and who was determined to prove to us that she didn't need us to help her get around Paris... I almost left her a few times), Katelyn (who is a BYU-I student and whom I love spending time with), Ashley (who has been fun to get to know, and who wants me to live with her next year, but I'm not sure yet), me.

This is what happens when you leave the shutter open when the Eiffel Tower is sparkling! I took loads of 'em!

This was the view from the Sacre Coeur that we walked up a million stairs to get to! I loved it. Probably one of my favorite sites in Paris. We could see out forever! So gorgeous!

This photo is from some huge letters we found at a park in Paris.
I thought sitting in my C was appropriate!

Yes, we went to the Moulin Rouge!
It was a quick stop on the way home, but fun.

We took up taking sepia toned pictures while in Paris.
This is one of the fountains by the Concorde.

This was the first thing we saw when we came out of the metro station.
Beautiful and HUGE! We were speechless to say the least!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like you did it all! I like the picture of the place you went up all those steps at. And the Museum D'Orsay was a fun place that we went too. It is neat to see all that you are doing. Love ya.

The Caldwells said...

CHELSIE!!!! i'm glad you loved paris - looks like you guys packed A LOT in in 48 hours. love ya!

ali monson said...

i absolutely LOVE your blog, chels! i'm so glad you decided to start one, since mark and spencer and i have been wondering what you're up to all the way out there in london. looks like you are having the time of your life. take a picture of mark and spencer's for us! and eat some percy pigs for me ...