Here we go...
I know I've been terrible at keeping everyone updated on my London adventures and so, as Jake advised, I have started a blog. This comes with a warning: As I am very unfamiliar with the posting of blogs and photos, you will have to be quite patient with
I have to admit that seeing all the Paris sights made me wish all my siblings were with me, or at least one of them. It's fun to go places and realize that Cami or Ali, Nick, and Jake were probably there. We were in Paris for about 48 hours and accomplished a surprising amount.
When I first saw the Eiffel Tower I think I started crying. It was so beautiful! It hit me that I was actually in PARIS, you know, PARIS, the one I've been wanting to see since I was little? Anyway, we saw it in the dark and took pictures of it and filmed it sparkling. So beautiful!
I have to admit that for pretty much the whole time I was there it honestly felt like I was in France. When we first got here, to London, I sort of just felt like I was in a different city in the States, but France felt like I thought it would. I am going to have to say that it's due to the fact that everything was in... well... FRENCH....
The people were actually nicer than I had been told, so that was pleasing, and our hostel was apparently much better than the hostel most of our group stayed in as they ended up without any sheets. We had a group of six girls and one guy. The guy did a study abroad in Paris last year, so he was more like a tour guide than he would have liked to be.
We hit all the major stops and still found time to stop and smell the roses! I must admit that coming home to London wasn't anything like coming home should be. It was familiar, yes, but I must admit that I still do not consider this home. I do love it, and I continue to enjoy every moment! Love you guys!
3 comments:
Hey Chels did you happen to see my black baseball cap near the eiffel tower? I left it there when I was with Jake and Ali. Also...I remember I had to ride to the top of the eiffel tower in the dark and I really had to go to the bathroom :) Glad you enjoyed France. Love Nicker
Don't bother looking for Nick's lost baseball cap, the truth is I had it. I needed something to throw off the top of the Eiffel Tower. I dont remember you needing to go to the bathroom Nicker, but I do remember you singing "Memories" the whole way up!!
Post a Comment